Monday 31 May 2004

I am in Delhi -- got the VISA


I decided to take train route.. and My town RAjkot is not well connected with Delhi by train.. so I have to come to Ahmedabad [nearest place where i can get train or flight to delhi it is 4 hrs drive away] ... i took a bus to Ahmedabad and evening 5:45 pm train to Delhi which reach delhi next day morning..

my friend Bhavesh promised me to drop me off to railway station.. :) so he came to pick me up where bus dropped me .. we went to his house to get freshen up and then he came to drop me to railway station..


(Bhavesh in the pict :)

This time i has reservation in IInd class sleeper so i had better seat and confirmed birth to enjoy comfortable journey..

so here i go...... bumping on train whole night... finally i am in delhi .. no idea where to stay? cant think of costly accommodation!!! the first thing came in mind as Gujju was to go to "gujarati samaj" in delhi... where we can get gujarati food and a reasonable stay..

i guess it was a stupid decision of going there as it is far from railway station and very very far from Embassy area... so unthoughtful decision to go there... further stupidity was ... i never confirmed where there i a place to stay??? huh!!

so i reached.. contacted on counter.. the manager regretfully said sorry man we have no vacant room!!! the people who are going to "amarnath yatra" [The holy most ;sacred journey for hindus to climb mountain 4 days to worship "lord shiva" ..] have occupied whole "samaj"... not even dormatry is empty... so that was the first hurdle for me to cleared up... i wanted to stay for 6 nights.... the manager looked at me strangely and denied simply ... I requested him to allow me to take shower ..... he was nice enough to permit me for that..

Now choice left for accommodation.... so i decided to go to embassy and apply for VISA first and to think about accommodation later on..

so here i go.... with a BIG bag like an idiot i am at the Embassy door step.. guard stopped me.. i said i wanna apply for VISA.. he called some one from inside the guy came and told me to leave all my luggage outside.. i had a bag and a small waist pouch ... i asked guard to keep the bag under his hut .. he dinned... i had no choice... but to tie my bag with one of the electric pole near embassy gate and request guard to keen an eye on it!!! huh... what a pity!!

i went in the guy on windonw could find the "fax" .. i handed him over my passport and VISA form.. everything finished in 45 min of time.. i ma relieved.. the guy on counter asked me to come and collect my VISA on 4th June..

I came out with a victorious smile... my bag was "safe"... i was laughing on my unplanned venture..

i decided to go to central delhi and find accommodation near central railway station as it is central, cheaper and local food is easily available.. markets are close by..
i found a nice palce to say "surya palace hotel" 5-7 min walk from railway station "pahadganj" area.

i drained off.. took a nice hot shower again .. went out for late lunch came back and slept liek a log..... very relexed...
evening was allocated for connought place [a central market].. .. went around small bookshops... souvenir shops... came back around 7:00 PM and had a nice dinner at local "dhaba" [road side restaurant] .... took a nice sleep..

again the whole day . .. nothing to do except going around the market.. ... just passed leisure time hanging around..... meeting few friends....

here the day came for collection of VISA.. I got ready.. reached the embassy on time.. Got my VISA by 3:30 PM .... i was the most happy person on the earth.. immediately came back to hotel.. went to internet cafe.. wrote mail to my bosses that i am done and coming..

this was a BIG step forward..

I was relaxed as my flight was on 7th june 7:00 am. I had few more days to go around and meet people..

i met Dr. Pooja, Mr. Chaddha and having had two nice evenings with each of them.

i was on 9th cloud.....

.......

No comments:

Post a Comment